Advanced Skills in Journey pricing and Ticketing
This course is for the travel professional with basic knowledge and skills in air journey pricing and ticketing who wants to be recognized as the company or office expert. You will gain confidence in pricing more complex journeys that apply exceptions to standard pricing principles. A key additional benefit are study units on ticket exchanges and reissues resulting in a refund or an additional collection for the new ticket price or a penalty fee collection.
- Review of fare selection
- Currency conversion and rounding
- One way fare construction
- Round and circle trip fare construction
- Exceptions to minimum checks
- Normal fare open jaw pricing
- Pricing unit versus fare component
- Lowest combination principle
- Limitations on indirect travel
- Introductions to ticket alteration
- Reservation change
- Exchange transactions
Upon completion of this course you will be able to:
This course requires approximately 90 hours of study to be completed in 6 months from the purchase date (enrollment validity). After the enrollment validity expires, the users will not have access to the course content and will not be able to take the exam. Student performance will be based on an examination.
- Non-supervised online-based exam. Exam can be taken any time at your convenience.
- You will be given 3 hours to complete 60 multiple choice questions
- Passing grade is 70% correct answers
- You will be given 1 attempts to successfully complete the final exam.
- An IATA Certificate is awarded upon successful completion of the final examination
GET IN TOUCH
- IATA course manual and workbook to download
- Online database of fares and rules
IATA Fare Formula Reference checklist
- Enroll with an Authorized Training Center to study these materials with the help of a local trainer
Choose to study these materials on your own and order online to receive your self-study course materials in etextbook format.
Review of fare selection
Currency conversion and rounding